Minoring in Politics

A minor program in Government and Foreign Affairs requires at least 15 hours (with grades of ‘C’ or better) of resident course work in at least two of the four fields of the Department. The four fields from which you must choose are: American Politics (PLAP), Political Theory (PLPT), Comparative Politics (PLCP) and International Relations (PLIR). At least 9 hours must be in one field. No more than 6 hours may be taken at the introductory level, with a limit of 3 introductory hours per field. At least 3 hours must be taken at the 4000 or 5000 level.

Students taking the minor in Government and Foreign Affairs should register by filling out this form and returning it to the Undergraduate Office in Gibson S183. At the beginning of their last semester before graduation students should verify with the Assistant to the Undergraduate Adviser the courses taken to fulfill the minor program.

Where can I find the official academic requirements for the University?

The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Undergraduate Record and Graduate Record represent the official repository for academic program requirements. These publications may be found at http://records.ureg.virginia.edu/index.php.