Are you thinking about graduate school in Political Science? Do you want to learn more?
Minority Student Visit Day
Department of Politics, University of Virginia
This event is for students from underrepresented groups who want to learn more about political science graduate school and the Politics Department at UVA. Accepted students will have their travel and hotel costs covered to spend the day visiting the department on October 15th, 2015.
The visit will include:
- breakfast social and welcome from the dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences;
- individual and small group meetings with professors to discuss students’ intellectual interests;
- attending classes;
- information sessions on applying to graduate school, funding opportunities, mentoring, and graduate student life;
- information session with the Director of Diversity Programs;
- socializing with current graduate students.
To apply: students should send 1) a brief paragraph describing their interests and explaining why they want to attend the Visit Day and 2) an unofficial copy of their transcript to Dr. Jennifer Rubenstein, Rubenstein@virginia.edu. They should also ask a professor with whom they have taken a class to send, to the same address, a brief paragraph or existing recommendation that speaks to their capacity for graduate study in Political Science.
Deadline: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so students should apply as early as possible, but no later than September 15th 2015.
Questions? Email Dr. Jennifer Rubenstein, Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Admissions, at Rubenstein@virginia.edu.